The large diversity of end uses makes ABS one of the most successful thermoplastic available. ABS is a copolymer of Acrylonitrile, Butadiene and Styrene, blended to give unrivaled properties, offering benefits over traditional material like metal and other plastic pipes.
Acrylonitrile imparts chemicalresistance ensuring the pipe work does not corrode or scale. The butadiene content endows the material with impact strength and toughness particularly at low temperature, while the Styrene content contributes to luster, hence extremely smooth bores and also ensures the strength of the material.
- ABS system confirms to World Health Organization for high purity water.
- ABS confirms to the toxicological requirement of the British Plastic Federation, British Industrial Biological Research Association Code of Practice for food usage 45/5.
- It also fulfils the EEC requirements for plastic materials in contact with food stuffs.
Residential & Commercial Buildings
Fusion ABS Piping system has many advantages over other traditional plastic piping system which makes Fusion ABS a better product for potable water for residential & commercial buildings.
- High Impact material
- Weather & UV resistant
- Abrasion resistant
- Corrosion & scale resistant
- Environmental Advantage
- Non-toxic/taint free
- Easy jointing with solvent cement
- 50 years design life
- Resilience to water hammer
- Exceptionally smooth bore
- Cost effective
- Ductile down to -40oc
- Chemical resistant
- No heat, no electricity required for jointing
Fusion ABS piping for industrial applications
- Salt of ground water
Water treatment is now an essential part of many industries and Fusion ABS can be used in most of the water treatment processes like potable water, OM water, brine solutions etc.
Chilled & cooling lines
Fusion ABS pipes are the best selection piping for cold and chilled water applications as:
- ABS can resist many materials at low temperatures up to -40°C and +80°C.
- Typical uses of cooling lines for manufacturing equipment are Brine Glyco lines in food production.
Fusion ABS pipes can be used in the mining sector which requires ground drainage, water supply because of good resistance to abrasion and erosion from aggressive slurries.
Other important industrial applications:
- Condenser Water
- Glycol Solutions
- ICE Slurries
- Organic Solutions
- Film Processing
- Compressed air plant
- High purity water
- Food processing & soft drinks
- Medical preparation
- Pharmaceutical products
- Electrolytic metal refinery
Fusion ABS is a ductile material, and remains ductile down to -40°C. Impact damage is usually confined to scuffs of dents. Insevere Cases there may be ductile tearing of the Material.
In contrast, ordinary pipes are much less Ductile, particularly at temperatures below +5°C, a sufficiently hard impact can cause them to fragment.
Tough, Durable and High- Impact Strength
The butadiene constituent in ABS gives the material exceptional impact strength making fusion ABS more resistant to damage than many metals or plastics.
Non corrodible Cooling Air Conditioning System
ABS is totally resistant to environmental corrosion from the participation of condensate on the outer surface of the pipe and is insert to many of the aqueous solutions and anti-freezers employed by indirect cooling air conditioning systems.
ABS Standard: AS 3518
At the forefront of manufacturing of thermoplastic piping system, Fusion products are recognized by the hallmark of reliability and outstanding performance.
The outstanding advantage of Fusion ABS makes it the market leader.
Jointing System: – Cement Solvent Weld Jointing
- Clean and Dry Pipe 00 and Fitting 10 with clean dry cloth.
- Apply MEK Cleaner before jointing to initiate chemical reaction.
- Apply Cement Immediately after MEK Cleaner.
- A full even layer of cement to the 00 of pipe and 10 of fitting.
- Give Pipe a quaterturn and push till socket bottom, hold and remove excessive cement from the exterior.